|
|
|
First
|
Previous
|
Next
|
Last
|
Reply 1 to 18 of 18 |
|
|
|
|
|
September 25, 2026 at
11:38:47 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
11/30/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
1443
|
|
|
|
Sometimes I think about just packing up all my sh-t and moving to central PA. No goodbye, no see ya later. Buy a hillside shack outside of Mt. Holly Springs, get a part time job running errands for some sprint car engine builder. Go have coffee every morning at Billy Dietrichs shop. Grove every Friday. Drink a bunch of Yuengling Lager and have a pantry full of those weird stale potato chips that they eat out there. Be an Iggles fan. Find a nice sturdy gal that pronounces it 'Pen-siv-ane-yuh'
Just chill. God I think about this a lot.
What is yours?
|
|
|
|
|
September 25, 2026 at
11:45:17 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
12/10/2023
|
|
Posts:
|
235
|
|
|
|
If you can afford to, do it. If you can't afford it , marry the girl a Pen si vane ah, Gerrzay, or Nyork.
|
|
|
|
|
September 25, 2026 at
11:50:56 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
07/15/2023
|
|
Posts:
|
932
|
|
|
This message was edited on
September 25, 2026 at
12:20:34 PM by Parnelli1970
Reply to:
Posted By: saphead on September 25 2026 at 11:38:47 AM
Sometimes I think about just packing up all my sh-t and moving to central PA. No goodbye, no see ya later. Buy a hillside shack outside of Mt. Holly Springs, get a part time job running errands for some sprint car engine builder. Go have coffee every morning at Billy Dietrichs shop. Grove every Friday. Drink a bunch of Yuengling Lager and have a pantry full of those weird stale potato chips that they eat out there. Be an Iggles fan. Find a nice sturdy gal that pronounces it 'Pen-siv-ane-yuh'
Just chill. God I think about this a lot.
What is yours?
|
Your already speaking Pennsyltuckian so you should fit right in. And how dare you say our potato chips are stale.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
September 25, 2026 at
12:19:31 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
12/02/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
1115
|
|
|
This message was edited on
September 25, 2026 at
12:25:09 PM by longtimefan
Reply to:
Posted By: saphead on September 25 2026 at 11:38:47 AM
Sometimes I think about just packing up all my sh-t and moving to central PA. No goodbye, no see ya later. Buy a hillside shack outside of Mt. Holly Springs, get a part time job running errands for some sprint car engine builder. Go have coffee every morning at Billy Dietrichs shop. Grove every Friday. Drink a bunch of Yuengling Lager and have a pantry full of those weird stale potato chips that they eat out there. Be an Iggles fan. Find a nice sturdy gal that pronounces it 'Pen-siv-ane-yuh'
Just chill. God I think about this a lot.
What is yours?
|
You do know you can go racin three nights most weeks , sometime more and not go an hour from your shack? Alright to be an iggles fan but Isuggest doing it on tv. The people in that city are crazy.
|
|
|
|
|
September 25, 2026 at
12:21:13 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
08/01/2013
|
|
Posts:
|
489
|
|
|
|
Buy a small camper and follow the WoO or HL around for the summer. Hit every local racetrack possible on the way. Grill out every day and eat breakfast in the local diner. Goal - 150 nights of racing between April and September.
|
|
|
|
|
September 25, 2026 at
05:03:36 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
08/16/2009
|
|
Posts:
|
4858
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: saphead on September 25 2026 at 11:38:47 AM
Sometimes I think about just packing up all my sh-t and moving to central PA. No goodbye, no see ya later. Buy a hillside shack outside of Mt. Holly Springs, get a part time job running errands for some sprint car engine builder. Go have coffee every morning at Billy Dietrichs shop. Grove every Friday. Drink a bunch of Yuengling Lager and have a pantry full of those weird stale potato chips that they eat out there. Be an Iggles fan. Find a nice sturdy gal that pronounces it 'Pen-siv-ane-yuh'
Just chill. God I think about this a lot.
What is yours?
|
Wow, moving the PA is truly a midlife crisis. Please step back, take a deep breath, and consider the ramifications. You'll have to become attracted to your sister, and call your dad "uncle-dad." If you're comfortable with this, I think you should take the plunge!! Enjoy the races!!! ;)
(Shit--I'm half way there--I love Yuengling and weird stale potato chips)
My midlife crisis involves selling everything, buying a small cabin on a lake in northern WI, and fishing every morning. I can stream the races every night while listening to the waves lap on the shore.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
September 25, 2026 at
06:29:54 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
07/15/2023
|
|
Posts:
|
932
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: egras on September 25 2026 at 05:03:36 PM
Wow, moving the PA is truly a midlife crisis. Please step back, take a deep breath, and consider the ramifications. You'll have to become attracted to your sister, and call your dad "uncle-dad." If you're comfortable with this, I think you should take the plunge!! Enjoy the races!!!
(Shit--I'm half way there--I love Yuengling and weird stale potato chips)
My midlife crisis involves selling everything, buying a small cabin on a lake in northern WI, and fishing every morning. I can stream the races every night while listening to the waves lap on the shore.
|
Man you guys got Pa all wrong it's cousins not sisters!
|
|
|
|
|
September 26, 2026 at
08:09:07 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
11/30/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
1443
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: longtimefan on September 25 2026 at 12:19:31 PM
You do know you can go racin three nights most weeks , sometime more and not go an hour from your shack? Alright to be an iggles fan but Isuggest doing it on tv. The people in that city are crazy.
|
Well I assume I'm gonna be on a tight budget with my part time gig working for Charlie Garrett.
Now there's a job. I thnk I just want to deliver engines to teams around the country. How do you get that job
|
|
|
|
|
September 26, 2026 at
08:39:46 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
04/21/2017
|
|
Posts:
|
1293
|
|
|
This message was edited on
September 26, 2026 at
08:43:46 AM by beezr2002
I'm on my fifth second childhood,and entering my fourth mid life crisis so I understand some of. your urges.. Of course you would want to move to the real sprint car capital of the world, who wouldn't .But to want to hang out and drink coffee with the racin retards shows a lack of character, they will just dumb you down unless you're already there. York county is a fine area with lots of racing people, there is the little town of Saginaw, down by the river, lots of wholesome people around there. You can park your van there and live off the land, have riverside drinks in the morning while your fishing for your catch of the day..Not every store sells mad dog or night train though but there are a few close by. Don't worry about winter, the power plant releases warm waters for your hygiene needs. Sounds like a really great step forward in your life. Good luck. Oh and don't bother Charlie he doesn't need someone spanking it into one of his fresh engines.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
September 26, 2026 at
10:08:09 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
07/15/2023
|
|
Posts:
|
932
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: beezr2002 on September 26 2026 at 08:39:46 AM
I'm on my fifth second childhood,and entering my fourth mid life crisis so I understand some of. your urges.. Of course you would want to move to the real sprint car capital of the world, who wouldn't .But to want to hang out and drink coffee with the racin retards shows a lack of character, they will just dumb you down unless you're already there. York county is a fine area with lots of racing people, there is the little town of Saginaw, down by the river, lots of wholesome people around there. You can park your van there and live off the land, have riverside drinks in the morning while your fishing for your catch of the day..Not every store sells mad dog or night train though but there are a few close by. Don't worry about winter, the power plant releases warm waters for your hygiene needs. Sounds like a really great step forward in your life. Good luck. Oh and don't bother Charlie he doesn't need someone spanking it into one of his fresh engines.
|
Also if your fishing for dinner remember to take in the majestic beauty of Three Mile Island the site of a little accident that occurred in 1979 which probably explains a lot.
|
|
|
|
|
September 26, 2026 at
03:51:13 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
12/02/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
1115
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: saphead on September 26 2026 at 08:09:07 AM
Well I assume I'm gonna be on a tight budget with my part time gig working for Charlie Garrett.
Now there's a job. I thnk I just want to deliver engines to teams around the country. How do you get that job
|
Several engine builders in Pa. Maybe you could hook up with a couple of them to increase your income. Also if you hook up with one of those Amish girls her family will set you for life.
|
|
|
|
|
September 27, 2026 at
09:49:45 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
04/24/2005
|
|
Posts:
|
1409
|
|
|
This message was edited on
September 27, 2026 at
09:52:06 PM by singlefile
Reply to:
Posted By: saphead on September 25 2026 at 11:38:47 AM
Sometimes I think about just packing up all my sh-t and moving to central PA. No goodbye, no see ya later. Buy a hillside shack outside of Mt. Holly Springs, get a part time job running errands for some sprint car engine builder. Go have coffee every morning at Billy Dietrichs shop. Grove every Friday. Drink a bunch of Yuengling Lager and have a pantry full of those weird stale potato chips that they eat out there. Be an Iggles fan. Find a nice sturdy gal that pronounces it 'Pen-siv-ane-yuh'
Just chill. God I think about this a lot.
What is yours?
|
In central PA, the fanbase could go either way between Eagles or Steelers. I think you would probably be in the minority as an Eagles fan. In order to be in the overwhelming majority, just loudly proclaim that Joe Pa did the right thing but the administration and Board of Trustees was corrupt.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
September 28, 2026 at
08:04:01 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
04/25/2017
|
|
Posts:
|
195
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: singlefile on September 27 2026 at 09:49:45 PM
In central PA, the fanbase could go either way between Eagles or Steelers. I think you would probably be in the minority as an Eagles fan. In order to be in the overwhelming majority, just loudly proclaim that Joe Pa did the right thing but the administration and Board of Trustees was corrupt.
|
First and foremost Sandusky is a pedophile.
here are a couple of details oftened omitted in the narrative:
1. Following a 1999 investigation by the state police - an investigation that has been detailed regarding Jerry's first exhibit of being more than a weirdo:
a. Joe in December 1999 - not the board - not the AD told Jerry he would never be head coach at Penn State.
b. The pedophile coached his last game in the December 1999 Alamo Bowl a 24-0 victory over Texas AM and as of January 1, 2000 was no longer an employee of Penn state...let alone on Joe's staff.
c. Fall of 2000 I was stunned as a non alumni guest of a letterman from the 80's at games that fall the bitterness of many that Joe told Jerry this and Jerry the "golden child or chosen one" at the time was no longer with the program. If my memory recalls the pedophile was a finalist for the Virginia job.
2. this break was solid until the BOT granted the pedophile emeritus status...not sure the year but very early 2000's....
3. The Second Mile and CEO Jack Raykovitz would have been the pedophiles supervisor at the time of the shower 2001shower incident.
|
|
|
|
September 28, 2026 at
10:15:01 AM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
12/03/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
305
|
|
|
This message was edited on
September 28, 2026 at
10:19:40 AM by digs
I certainly entertain PA year around, git me some
tater cheeps: Utz, Middleswarth, Herrs, Bickels, Snyders, all good, some tastykaes or krimpets, still all good
black & tan stocked in the fridge, best beer available.
Visit all the Sheets, Wawa, Turkey Hiil & Rutters for a pee break and petrol (although may sneak over to WV for cheaper gas)
Only thing missing is some sliders from White Castle or Crystals, whats the next best thing in PA?
My coffee pot is sitting in Bedford, so that'd have to be home base

|
|
|
|
|
September 28, 2026 at
12:47:01 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
04/25/2017
|
|
Posts:
|
195
|
|
|
This message was edited on
September 28, 2026 at
01:14:41 PM by RunWYB
Reply to:
Posted By: digs on September 28 2026 at 10:15:01 AM
I certainly entertain PA year around, git me some
tater cheeps: Utz, Middleswarth, Herrs, Bickels, Snyders, all good, some tastykaes or krimpets, still all good
black & tan stocked in the fridge, best beer available.
Visit all the Sheets, Wawa, Turkey Hiil & Rutters for a pee break and petrol (although may sneak over to WV for cheaper gas)
Only thing missing is some sliders from White Castle or Crystals, whats the next best thing in PA?
My coffee pot is sitting in Bedford, so that'd have to be home base

|
Digs good list
Utz the brown bag are truly an addiction of mine and 1b is middleswarth bar-b-que the chip itself is nothing spectacular but the bar-b-que just pairs with it so very well....they actually sell their bar-b-que powder.
Many in the coal region mix Yuenglings black and tan with their chesterfield ale....I can't remember what they call it.
sheetz, Wawa, Ritter's all good in the travel pinch but
heading into Port from the east side I'd recommend passing the Rutter's and go another 1/4 to a 1/2 mile further and get a hoagie at the OIP.
Baps skip Rutter's and do rock it pizza and subs.
Selnsgrove skip all three get a hoagie from Bella's
williamsgrove many places but I generally get a burger or two from the infield believe it or not they are grilled pretty well Coming from the north and down the east side of the river rt. 147 I will stop at this sub shop in Halifax called nae-naes might be the best subs I've ever had.
Bedford not much help except I do like the uphill Back stretch and down hill front stretch.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
September 28, 2026 at
01:44:32 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
11/30/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
1443
|
|
|
|
In all seriousness there is nothing like autumn in PA for the National Open. I've done the trip 3 times and it was awesome. A little chill in the air, leaves starting to turn on those rolling hills, Posse vs. Outlaws.
|
|
|
|
|
September 28, 2026 at
06:10:51 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
12/02/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
1115
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: saphead on September 28 2026 at 01:44:32 PM
In all seriousness there is nothing like autumn in PA for the National Open. I've done the trip 3 times and it was awesome. A little chill in the air, leaves starting to turn on those rolling hills, Posse vs. Outlaws.
|
You will be disappointed in the leaves this year. With the wet weather everything is pretty green.
|
|
|
|
|
September 28, 2026 at
06:12:36 PM
|
|
|
Joined:
|
12/02/2004
|
|
Posts:
|
1115
|
|
|
Reply to:
Posted By: RunWYB on September 28 2026 at 12:47:01 PM
Digs good list
Utz the brown bag are truly an addiction of mine and 1b is middleswarth bar-b-que the chip itself is nothing spectacular but the bar-b-que just pairs with it so very well....they actually sell their bar-b-que powder.
Many in the coal region mix Yuenglings black and tan with their chesterfield ale....I can't remember what they call it.
sheetz, Wawa, Ritter's all good in the travel pinch but
heading into Port from the east side I'd recommend passing the Rutter's and go another 1/4 to a 1/2 mile further and get a hoagie at the OIP.
Baps skip Rutter's and do rock it pizza and subs.
Selnsgrove skip all three get a hoagie from Bella's
williamsgrove many places but I generally get a burger or two from the infield believe it or not they are grilled pretty well Coming from the north and down the east side of the river rt. 147 I will stop at this sub shop in Halifax called nae-naes might be the best subs I've ever had.
Bedford not much help except I do like the uphill Back stretch and down hill front stretch.
|
Goods is pretty close to the same bar-b-que as Middleswarth on a bette chip
|
|
First
|
Previous
|
Next
|
Last
|
Reply 1 to 18 of 18 |
|
|