HoseHeads.com | HoseHeads Classifieds | Racer's Auction
Home | Register | Contact | Verify Email FAQ |
Blogs | Photo Gallery | Press Release | Results | RacersAuction.com | HoseheadsClassifieds.com
Hoosier Tire Great Plains | Hoosier Mid Atlantic | Racing Warehouse | Performance Race Parts | Xtreme Race Parts

Welcome Guest. Already registered? Please Login

 

Forum: HoseHeads Sprint Car General Forum (go)
Moderators: dirtonly  /  dmantx  /  hosehead

Topic: Vermeer #55
Email this topic to a friend | Subscribe to this Topic | Report this Topic to Moderator
First | Previous | Next | Last Reply 1 to 15 of 15
bgtexpress
September 15, 2026 at 06:29:55 PM
Joined: 10/19/2016
Posts: 912
Reply

It looks like Tony traded The Mad Man for The Macho Man. Just goes to show you how the #55 team placed a lot of emphasis on obtaining the 8th place place season finish in the High Limit standings in 2026. As soon as Kerry slipped to 9th place in the standings he was out. I like both drivers and wish Kerry luck going forward. 



Quick-time
September 15, 2026 at 07:51:04 PM
Joined: 02/27/2010
Posts: 145
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: bgtexpress on September 15 2026 at 06:29:55 PM

It looks like Tony traded The Mad Man for The Macho Man. Just goes to show you how the #55 team placed a lot of emphasis on obtaining the 8th place place season finish in the High Limit standings in 2026. As soon as Kerry slipped to 9th place in the standings he was out. I like both drivers and wish Kerry luck going forward. 



I know Sprint Car racing is performace based, but man Kerry has had a lot of hard luck recently leading to bad finishes. He has been in the wrong place at the wrong time resulting in slot of town up cars and bad finishes. I like him and hopes he gets another opportunity, as  father Time is not on his side.



longtimefan
September 16, 2026 at 06:53:18 AM
Joined: 12/02/2004
Posts: 1115
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Quick-time on September 15 2026 at 07:51:04 PM

I know Sprint Car racing is performace based, but man Kerry has had a lot of hard luck recently leading to bad finishes. He has been in the wrong place at the wrong time resulting in slot of town up cars and bad finishes. I like him and hopes he gets another opportunity, as  father Time is not on his side.



Not sure what options they had. You trade a guy who made the A through three nights of tough fields for a guy who ran the C all three nights and only made the B one time no A's. I guess this week will tell. Sometimes a change lights a fire under drivers. 



Shortie1
September 16, 2026 at 07:24:04 AM
Joined: 03/27/2023
Posts: 235
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: longtimefan on September 16 2026 at 06:53:18 AM

Not sure what options they had. You trade a guy who made the A through three nights of tough fields for a guy who ran the C all three nights and only made the B one time no A's. I guess this week will tell. Sometimes a change lights a fire under drivers. 



Tough Business. Known Kerry for a long time and He has had some bad racing luck lately and his age  is not in his favor but can still run upfront .  



bambam99
September 16, 2026 at 10:39:58 PM
Joined: 08/08/2015
Posts: 169
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Shortie1 on September 16 2026 at 07:24:04 AM

Tough Business. Known Kerry for a long time and He has had some bad racing luck lately and his age  is not in his favor but can still run upfront .  



It really sucks I think Kerry is great but it sucks to get old he's gotta be mid 50s and I don't think he brings anything more than talent knowledge and his helmet bag, which used to be enough but in the days of guys buying rides kinda makes him a dying breed.



Murphy
September 17, 2026 at 06:37:32 AM
Joined: 05/26/2005
Posts: 4056
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: bambam99 on September 16 2026 at 10:39:58 PM

It really sucks I think Kerry is great but it sucks to get old he's gotta be mid 50s and I don't think he brings anything more than talent knowledge and his helmet bag, which used to be enough but in the days of guys buying rides kinda makes him a dying breed.



Even back in the good old days, you had to win or you'd be replaced with someone who could.



RunWYB
September 17, 2026 at 08:41:53 AM
Joined: 04/25/2017
Posts: 195
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Murphy on September 17 2026 at 06:37:32 AM

Even back in the good old days, you had to win or you'd be replaced with someone who could.



I would pay lots to hear one last interview with the one and only Mr. Bob Weikart.   Would there be a Weikart memorial today if the view on owners expectations where the same in late 70,s, 80's and 90's.....



Murphy
September 17, 2026 at 05:13:40 PM
Joined: 05/26/2005
Posts: 4056
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: RunWYB on September 17 2026 at 08:41:53 AM

I would pay lots to hear one last interview with the one and only Mr. Bob Weikart.   Would there be a Weikart memorial today if the view on owners expectations where the same in late 70,s, 80's and 90's.....



Unfortunately, they took sprint car racing "to the next level".



miledirtfan
September 18, 2026 at 08:37:45 AM
Joined: 11/11/2006
Posts: 845
Reply

Gonna be a fun points battle to watch



egras
September 19, 2026 at 09:54:32 AM
Joined: 08/16/2009
Posts: 4858
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: on at


I agree with your last statement.  I'm old and tired, and I'm a year younger than Kerry!  I don't know why everyone keeps propping up every single driver as they age beyond their prime.  Why do we question the ride quality, motor, and crew chief of every driver after they cross that 40-45 year old threshold?  Kerry's old in racecar driver years.  Has been for the better part of a decade.  Schatz is old.  Sweet entered "old" territory.  Larson is 8-10 years away from having the term "old" applied to his performance.

Not everyone is Steve Kinser or Sammy.  They won so much, that even when their careers peaked in their late-30's/early-40's, they won enough to make everyone think they were still at the top of their games.  They weren't.  They were just that much better than the rest of the field at that time.  

Kerry's old.  I feel like a lot of the conversations I've read on Facebook think he's still the young guy that deserves a top ride.  That time has passed.  Get ready to see him in some regional/local budget rides very soon.  



RunWYB
September 19, 2026 at 05:36:11 PM
Joined: 04/25/2017
Posts: 195
Reply
This message was edited on September 19, 2026 at 08:26:20 PM by RunWYB
Reply to:
Posted By: egras on September 19 2026 at 09:54:32 AM

I agree with your last statement.  I'm old and tired, and I'm a year younger than Kerry!  I don't know why everyone keeps propping up every single driver as they age beyond their prime.  Why do we question the ride quality, motor, and crew chief of every driver after they cross that 40-45 year old threshold?  Kerry's old in racecar driver years.  Has been for the better part of a decade.  Schatz is old.  Sweet entered "old" territory.  Larson is 8-10 years away from having the term "old" applied to his performance.

Not everyone is Steve Kinser or Sammy.  They won so much, that even when their careers peaked in their late-30's/early-40's, they won enough to make everyone think they were still at the top of their games.  They weren't.  They were just that much better than the rest of the field at that time.  

Kerry's old.  I feel like a lot of the conversations I've read on Facebook think he's still the young guy that deserves a top ride.  That time has passed.  Get ready to see him in some regional/local budget rides very soon.  



Egras I agree....also to your Steve and Sammy comment....my thought and i'd be interested to hear others thoughts is that......the difference in quality of equipment helped Steve and Sammy in there 45-55 years.....I think there are 10-15 cars spending equal amounts of a lot of money today.  Steve and Sammy had the best sponsors as they were the most recognizable names in the pre social media wild Wild West and they didn't have to over drive.

i believe steve attributed some of his fast decline to his declining eye sight.  Top shelf equipment can't make up for that.



Murphy
September 19, 2026 at 07:31:10 PM
Joined: 05/26/2005
Posts: 4056
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: RunWYB on September 19 2026 at 05:36:11 PM

Egras I agree....also to your Steve and Sammy comment....my thought and i'd be interested to hear others thoughts is that......the difference in quality of equipment helped Steve and Sammy in there 45-55 years.....I think there are 10-15 cars spending equal amounts of a lot of money today.  Steve and Sammy had the best sponsors as they were the most recognizable names in the pre social media wild Wild West and they didn't have to over drive.

i believe steve attributed some of his fast decline to his declining eye sight.  Top shelf equipment can't make up for that.



I think Steve, Sammy and Doug Wolfgang always had better equipment because their talent attracted the attention of owners that wanted to win. Today, anybody with money can buy the best equipment but you still have to have a talented driver or you're finishing mid-pack.



egras
September 20, 2026 at 05:37:57 PM
Joined: 08/16/2009
Posts: 4858
Reply
This message was edited on September 20, 2026 at 05:39:45 PM by egras
Reply to:
Posted By: RunWYB on September 19 2026 at 05:36:11 PM

Egras I agree....also to your Steve and Sammy comment....my thought and i'd be interested to hear others thoughts is that......the difference in quality of equipment helped Steve and Sammy in there 45-55 years.....I think there are 10-15 cars spending equal amounts of a lot of money today.  Steve and Sammy had the best sponsors as they were the most recognizable names in the pre social media wild Wild West and they didn't have to over drive.

i believe steve attributed some of his fast decline to his declining eye sight.  Top shelf equipment can't make up for that.



I agree with both you and Murphy.  I also think many very talented drivers have access to the best equipment today as well further spreading out the wins. 



YungWun24
September 21, 2026 at 10:41:17 AM
Joined: 01/19/2009
Posts: 1415
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Murphy on September 19 2026 at 07:31:10 PM

I think Steve, Sammy and Doug Wolfgang always had better equipment because their talent attracted the attention of owners that wanted to win. Today, anybody with money can buy the best equipment but you still have to have a talented driver or you're finishing mid-pack.



Agreed. Another important factor at this time was the innovation of the builders and mechanics, which also set these guys apart. 

Today; more available parts, more restrictions, less innovation, and b/c of this I think it puts even more emphasis on the crew chiefs. 

I think Kerry can still get it done. He won earlier in the year on a national tour. How many drivers, young or old would love to say that.

Selfishly I hope he finds a ride and runs at Knoxville weekly. 

The timing sucks for Kerry but good for Bacon. I understand why Tony did it. Alot of money is on the line. 

There are currently (10) Charters and the potential for (5) more. I guess we'll see if attempting to run top 8 two consecutive years or top 3 one year is achievable. 


Keep It Real

kendirt
September 23, 2026 at 04:12:01 AM
Joined: 11/06/2014
Posts: 56
Reply

I feel worse for Kerry about going to the 17GP than I did about him getting fired.  Hopefully he stays safe and in the top ten in driver points.  There's a pretty good gap back to 11th.



First | Previous | Next | Last Reply 1 to 15 of 15


Post Reply
You must be logged in to Post a Message.
Not a member register Here.
Already registered? Please Login




 

If you have a website and would like to set up a forum here at HoseHeadForums.com
please contact us by using the contact link at the top of the page.

© 2026 HoseHeadForums.com Privacy Policy