HoseHeads.com | HoseHeads Classifieds | Racer's Auction
Home | Register | Contact | Verify Email FAQ |
Blogs | Photo Gallery | Press Release | Results | RacersAuction.com | HoseheadsClassifieds.com
Hoosier Tire Great Plains | Hoosier Mid Atlantic | Racing Warehouse | Performance Race Parts | Xtreme Race Parts

Welcome Guest. Already registered? Please Login

 

Forum: HoseHeads Sprint Car General Forum (go)
Moderators: dirtonly  /  dmantx  /  hosehead

Topic: All Stars make an innovative backup plan
Email this topic to a friend | Subscribe to this TopicReport this Topic to Moderator
First | Previous | Next | Last Reply 1 to 20 of 20
Nick14
June 17, 2019 at 09:03:38 PM
Joined: 06/04/2012
Posts: 995
Reply

Just saw on Twitter & press release the All Stars have made a pretty good backup plan for tomorrow. Currently Sharon Speedway is scheduled to have the All Stars race tomorrow. Given the amount of rain falling in Ohio now, a decision will be made at 9am on whether they can race at Sharon or not based on how saturated the grounds are.

If Sharon can't have the race, the Wayne County which had to cancel Monday 6/17 due to rain will race tomorrow instead.

So basically they can race at 1 of 2 tracks. Sharon has first dibs. If not they race at Wayne County which is about 88miles away. If this happens it could be a good test of how social media spreads the word about event changes. Statement said all track officials are cooperating.

I like this plan given the amount of cancelled events this year on the schedule



RodinCanada
MyWebsite
June 17, 2019 at 10:44:59 PM
Joined: 07/24/2016
Posts: 789
Reply

I like when people have the, just get it done , mentality and work together. Those who say but but but can just go sit on theirs.


Even though I may not know you, I 
care what most of you think!

Kingpin2014
MyWebsite
June 18, 2019 at 03:38:58 AM
Joined: 06/20/2017
Posts: 268
Reply

Unfortunately looking at how much rain both got overnight I doubt either facility will be in any shape to host a race. Northern Ohio is already super saturated. Hopefully I’m wrong!



Wildchild35
June 18, 2019 at 05:36:23 AM
Joined: 07/18/2017
Posts: 17
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Kingpin2014 on June 18 2019 at 03:38:58 AM

Unfortunately looking at how much rain both got overnight I doubt either facility will be in any shape to host a race. Northern Ohio is already super saturated. Hopefully I’m wrong!



It's not looking good for Sharon.   I live only 6 miles from the track and it rained all night here!  The parking lot is the problem for the place; heck, they couldn't park cars back in May and it was only half this wet.   



alum.427
June 18, 2019 at 05:56:33 AM
Joined: 03/16/2017
Posts: 694
Reply

I've been stuck at sharon's parking lot. Well not me, but couldn't go anywhere due to the ammount of vehicles there were. Fell asleep and waited it out. Mercer is another one notorious for the parking lot to cancel the show.



tylera189
June 18, 2019 at 08:30:37 AM
Joined: 06/18/2019
Posts: 4
Reply

Looks like a no go for todays racing at either venue. But Wayne county is looking into a double header for saturday. could be interesting!



saphead
June 18, 2019 at 08:31:15 AM
Joined: 11/30/2004
Posts: 633
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: alum.427 on June 18 2019 at 05:56:33 AM

I've been stuck at sharon's parking lot. Well not me, but couldn't go anywhere due to the ammount of vehicles there were. Fell asleep and waited it out. Mercer is another one notorious for the parking lot to cancel the show.



Limaland says: "hold my beer...."



Nick14
June 18, 2019 at 08:45:24 AM
Joined: 06/04/2012
Posts: 995
Reply

Cancelled at both Venues per Twitter. But it also says stay tuned for updates regarding speedweek. Wonder if they will try to reschedule some of the dates like they have already done for prior rain outs. I know that they were already thinking about a double header for Wayne County on Saturday. Wonder if they will add some dates for Sunday & Monday if more of the races get rained out.

Currently forecast isn't the best for Atomic, my buddy in Mansfield just called and said that there are portions of the town flooded (not sure about the track) plus more rain before Thursday, Lima cancels if 2 drops of rain fall in a 7 day span so they most likely will cancel plus that towns draining system is not the best, then Wayne County which is a crap shoot now to. Currently best case sceniaro maybe 3 races the rest of the week.

They have to be in Illinois the following weekend but the weekend after that they go to Lernerville and Sharon. Wonder if they will try to add some dates to that week as well. Seems like they are trying to think of different ways and strategies to make up for all the lost dates.



dsc1600
June 18, 2019 at 08:57:57 AM
Joined: 05/31/2007
Posts: 2890
Reply

Glad I didn’t go to Ohio Speedweeks this year. I went around 2011 and it was a similar story, rain or threat of rain almost every day.

It’s my 2nd favorite week of the year behind Knoxville when the weather is good.



Kingpin2014
MyWebsite
June 18, 2019 at 08:58:27 AM
Joined: 06/20/2017
Posts: 268
Reply
This message was edited on June 18, 2019 at 09:06:01 AM by Kingpin2014

They should try seeing if Sharon can be ready as a backup for tomorrow night. This front is moving south and gonna soak atomic area while the more north you are looks like they’ll stay dry today and tomorrow



saphead
June 18, 2019 at 09:16:54 AM
Joined: 11/30/2004
Posts: 633
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Kingpin2014 on June 18 2019 at 08:58:27 AM

They should try seeing if Sharon can be ready as a backup for tomorrow night. This front is moving south and gonna soak atomic area while the more north you are looks like they’ll stay dry today and tomorrow



It looks like that's what they are trying to do from what I just saw on twitter. 



Kingpin2014
MyWebsite
June 18, 2019 at 09:28:06 AM
Joined: 06/20/2017
Posts: 268
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: saphead on June 18 2019 at 09:16:54 AM

It looks like that's what they are trying to do from what I just saw on twitter. 



From what I’m reading on Wayne County’s social media is it’s them, as they are saying double header Saturday only *if* they don’t get another race now



tylera189
June 18, 2019 at 09:42:32 AM
Joined: 06/18/2019
Posts: 4
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Nick14 on June 18 2019 at 08:45:24 AM

Cancelled at both Venues per Twitter. But it also says stay tuned for updates regarding speedweek. Wonder if they will try to reschedule some of the dates like they have already done for prior rain outs. I know that they were already thinking about a double header for Wayne County on Saturday. Wonder if they will add some dates for Sunday & Monday if more of the races get rained out.

Currently forecast isn't the best for Atomic, my buddy in Mansfield just called and said that there are portions of the town flooded (not sure about the track) plus more rain before Thursday, Lima cancels if 2 drops of rain fall in a 7 day span so they most likely will cancel plus that towns draining system is not the best, then Wayne County which is a crap shoot now to. Currently best case sceniaro maybe 3 races the rest of the week.

They have to be in Illinois the following weekend but the weekend after that they go to Lernerville and Sharon. Wonder if they will try to add some dates to that week as well. Seems like they are trying to think of different ways and strategies to make up for all the lost dates.



alot of the town of mansfield is very low ground. Lots of little vallies in town. The track instelf is on relatively high ground. 



Nick14
June 18, 2019 at 10:12:58 AM
Joined: 06/04/2012
Posts: 995
Reply

Saw the following tweet about an hour ago from the All Stars:

"Teams looking for an area to stay, we advise not traveling south of Columbus quite yet. More details to come later today."

Atomic speedway is currently scheduled for tomorrow which is South of Columbus right down Rt 23. Looks like a little re-organization is trying to be made due to the forecasts. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. At least they are trying to put something together to help everyone.



Kingpin2014
MyWebsite
June 18, 2019 at 11:04:56 AM
Joined: 06/20/2017
Posts: 268
Reply

It’ll be interesting what they come up with. Thursday is gonna be a wash. Friday is looking nice but who knows what facility will even be dry to host a race. Saturday is looking iffy.



StanM
MyResults MyPressRelease
June 18, 2019 at 01:20:20 PM
Joined: 11/07/2006
Posts: 4393
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Kingpin2014 on June 18 2019 at 11:04:56 AM

It’ll be interesting what they come up with. Thursday is gonna be a wash. Friday is looking nice but who knows what facility will even be dry to host a race. Saturday is looking iffy.



It looked like a great 30 days to have PPV but the value is going down every day this week but it's still a bargain.  We'll be able to watch Donny Schatz in his Late Model at 141 tonight.  So far that one's not rained out.  He announced that he would be there on twitter.


Stan Meissner

Kingpin2014
MyWebsite
June 18, 2019 at 04:31:20 PM
Joined: 06/20/2017
Posts: 268
Reply

So the plan is Atomic with Wayne County as a backup on Wednesday. Neither forecast looks promising. Only Sharon has a decent forecast for tomorrow but from what I understand they’ll need multiple days to dry out it’s that bad there. If WCS doesn’t run tomorrow they’ll run a double header on Saturday



GTigers55
June 18, 2019 at 05:39:45 PM
Joined: 02/13/2017
Posts: 417
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: Kingpin2014 on June 18 2019 at 04:31:20 PM

So the plan is Atomic with Wayne County as a backup on Wednesday. Neither forecast looks promising. Only Sharon has a decent forecast for tomorrow but from what I understand they’ll need multiple days to dry out it’s that bad there. If WCS doesn’t run tomorrow they’ll run a double header on Saturday



Ya know what’s crazy is I live 20 minutes west of Fremont and it hasn’t rained all day yesterday or today. Swear the rain is only hitting where races are scheduled. My parents live 50 minutes west of west of Wayne co and 20 from Mansfield and it hasn’t stopped raining in days. Just poor luck This year.



Kingpin2014
MyWebsite
June 18, 2019 at 06:55:09 PM
Joined: 06/20/2017
Posts: 268
Reply
Reply to:
Posted By: GTigers55 on June 18 2019 at 05:39:45 PM

Ya know what’s crazy is I live 20 minutes west of Fremont and it hasn’t rained all day yesterday or today. Swear the rain is only hitting where races are scheduled. My parents live 50 minutes west of west of Wayne co and 20 from Mansfield and it hasn’t stopped raining in days. Just poor luck This year.



The problem is just everything is so saturated. The rain last night in a vacuum wouldnt cancel a race and Sharon hasn’t had rain at all today so far. It’s the constant heavy accumulation, most of the northern part of Ohio have gotten a months worth of rain just in the last 5 days or so, and that’s on top of already well Above average rain from late May and early June. There’s just nowhere for the water to go. Fortunately the weather models are coming to an agreement that the pattern causing all this rain should be shifting next week and a dryer one should be in place for the end of June and early July.



Nick14
June 20, 2019 at 11:56:18 AM
Joined: 06/04/2012
Posts: 995
Reply

Just saw Fri 6/21 Atomic is the backup option for the All Stars in case Limaland cancels. Forecast last I saw looks good for both tomorrow, just a matter of if the lots are dry



First | Previous | Next | Last Reply 1 to 20 of 20


Post Reply
You must be logged in to Post a Message.
Not a member register Here.
Already registered? Please Login




 

If you have a website and would like to set up a forum here at HoseHeadForums.com
please contact us by using the contact link at the top of the page.

© 2019 HoseHeadForums.com Privacy Policy