Perris Auto Speedway
18700 Lake Perris Drive
Perris, CA 92571
For further information, contact Scott Daloisio (909) 226-7768 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
For Immediate Release
THE FACTS ON THE 22ND ANNUAL BUDWEISER OVAL NATIONALS PRESENTED BY ALL COAST CONSTRUCTION!
(Perris, CA, November 6, 2017)
- NAME: Budweiser Oval Nationals Presented by All Coast Construction
- WHERE: "Southern California's Home to Major League Sprint Car Racing," Perris Auto Speedway on the SoCal Fair and Event Center (18700 Lake Perris Drive, Perris, CA 92571)
- TRACK: 1/2-mile clay oval.
- WHEN: Thursday November 9, Friday November 10 and Saturday November 11.
- PROGRAM: Qualifying, heats, preliminary and A Mains each night.
- PRACTICE: Free for fans in the grandstands at 6:00 PM Wednesday, November 9. $2.00 pizza, beer and soft drinks.
- WHO: The Amsoil USAC National and CRA Sprint Cars and debut of the Yamaha R1 DT cars
- SANCTIONING BODY: United States Auto Club (USAC)
- TIMES: Spectator gates will open at 4:00 PM on Thursday & Friday with racing at 7:00. Gates will open and 3:00 PM Saturday with racing at 6:45.
- PURSE: Over $100,000.00. $5,000.00 to win the A mains on Thursday and Friday. $25,000.00 to win the A main on Saturday.
- GRAND MARSHAL: Two-time Oval Nationals Champion Cory Kruseman
- TONY JONES HARD CHARGER AWARD: $500.00 to the driver who passes the most cars in each main event (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and $500.00 to the driver who passes the most cars combined.
- RAY SCHEETZ MECHANIC OF THE RACE AWARD: Named after the legendary crew chief who had 10 sprint car championships and 155 race wins.
- DEAN THOMPSON HIGH POINTS AWARD: Named after the National Sprint Car Hall of Famer. The awards goes to the driver who accumulates the most total points on the two preliminary nights.
- BILL AND EVELYN PRATT MAIN EVENTS: Named after longtime car owners and officials Bill and Evelyn Pratt. Thursday’s main will be the “Bill Pratt Main Event” and Friday’s main will be the “Evelyn Pratt Main Event.”
- TICKETS: Advance tickets available by phone at 1-800-595-4849 or online at: http://pas.tix.com/Schedule.aspx?OrgNum=7. There will be plenty of tickets available for everyone at the ticket window all three nights. We will not sell out.
- ENTRIES: As this piece went to press 45 cars had been pre-entered (complete list at the end of this release). More expected at race time.
- 2016 WINNER: Damion Gardner
- PAST CHAMPIONS PRE-ENTERED: Mike Spencer (2012), Damion Gardner (2009, 2011, 2016), Chris Windom (2010) and Dave Darland (2005, 2006, 2013). Complete list of past winners below.
- WHO IS DRIVING THE YAMAHA R1 DT CARS: Cory Kruseman, Natalie Decker, Sammy Halbert, Donnie Moran, Kenshiro Gushi, C.J. Greaves, Dustin Nelson and more.
- AUTOGRAPH SESSION: 3:00 - 3:45 PM Saturday on the front straightaway.
- CAMPING ON THE FAIRGROUNDS: $25.00 per night (no reservations required)
- TRACK PHONE NUMBER: (951) 940-0134
- TRACK WEBSITE: http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/index.html
- TRACK SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook: Perris Auto Speedway; Twitter: perrisautospdwy, Instagram: perrisautospeedway; Youtube: Perris Auto Speedway
2017 Budweiser Oval Nationals Pre-Entered Cars
2 Austin Williams Yorba Linda, CA John Jory
4 Damion Gardner Concord, CA Mark Alexander
4D TBA Gansen Engineering
4G Chris Gansen Verdemont Hgts, CA Gansen Engineering
4S Mike Spencer Temecula, CA Gansen Engineering
5 Logan Williams Yorba Linda, CA John Jory
5 Chris Windom Canton, IL Baldwin Brothers, LLC
5M Max Adams Loomis, CA Max Adams
5X Tommy Malcolm Corona, CA Dino Napier
7K Ronnie Gardner Corona, CA Kruseman Enterprises
8 TBA Jim Richardson
9K Kevin Thomas Jr. Cullman, AL Kevin Thomas Jr.
10V Richard Vander Weerd Visalia, CA Vander Weerd Racing
12 Robert Ballou Rocklin, CA Ballou Motorsports
11 Justin Grant Ion, CA Sam McGhee
17GP Danny Faria Jr. Tipton, CA Michael Dutcher Motorsports
19 Thomas Meseraull San Jose, CA Andy Reinbold
19S Hunter Schuerenberg Sikeston, MO Andy Reinbold
21 Alec Bender Ramona, CA Rich Bender
23 Tyler Courtney Noblesville, IN Topp Motorsports
28M Matt McCarthy Moreno Valley, CA John McCarthy
30 C.J. Leary Greenfield, IN Chuck and Tammi Leary
32 Chase Stockon Fort Branch, IN Chase Stockon
39 Kyle Edwards Fountain Valley, CA Gordon Edwards
42 Stevie Sussex Tempe, AZ Dwight Cheney
44 Cody Williams Corona, CA John Jory
51 R.J. Johnson Laveen, AZ Bobby Martin
51 Eddie Tafoya Chino Hills, CA Eddie Tafoya
51V Trent Williams Victorville, CA Ron Williams
52 Isaac Chapple New Castle, IN Isaac Chapple Racing
56 Ryan Bernal Hollister, CA Mike Phulps
69 Chad Boespflug Hanford, CA Dynamics. Inc.
73 Dave Darland Lincoln, IN Keith Ford
73T Carson Macedo Lemoore, CA Carrie Terry
74X Josh Hodges Albuquerque, NM Hodges Motorsports
81 Michael Pickens Auckland, New Zealand Steve Watt Enterprises
83 Austin Liggett Tracy, CA Tim Liggett
88 Jace Vander Weerd Visalia, CA Vander Weerd Racing
90 Randy Waitman Ramona, CA Randy Waitman
91 Brody Roa Garden Grove, CA BR Performance
92 Jake Swanson Anaheim, CA Tom & Laurie Sertich
92M TBA Tom & Laurie Sertich
98 Verne Sweeney Lomita, CA Ken Tracey
98 Jeremy Ellertson Lawndale, CA Jeremy Ellertson
Oval Nationals Champions
1996 Jimmy Sills
1997 Rip Williams
1998 Rodney Argo
1999 Rickie Gaunt
2000 Tony Jones
2001 Bud Kaeding
2002 Bud Kaeding
2003 Cory Kruseman
2004 Cory Kruseman
2005 Dave Darland
2006 Dave Darland
2007 Bud Kaeding
2008 Jesse Hockett
2009 Damion Gardner
2010 Chris Windom
2011 Damion Gardner
2012 Mike Spencer
2013 Dave Darland
2014 Robert Ballou
2015 Bryan Clauson
2016 Damion Gardner
Advanced tickets for the Oval Nationals are on sale now at: http://pas.tix.com/Schedule.aspx?OrgNum=7 or by calling 1-800-595-4849.
To keep up with all the latest Perris Auto Speedway news, photos, gossip and receive special offers, sign up at The PAS Facebook site at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perris-Auto-Speedway/113876798686480?ref=hl
You can also keep up with the latest news and receive special offers from The PAS Twitter site: Perris Auto Speedway on Twitter.
Video and DVD productions of all racing events at Perris Auto Speedway are available from Loudpedal Productions. For more information on these productions you can contact them by calling (805) 844-3854, E-mailing mailto:email@example.com or you can visit the web site LoudPedal Productions
Perris Auto Speedway is located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of October’s Southern California Fair), approximately one-hour east of Los Angeles and one-hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway and go three miles east to the fairgrounds.
firstname.lastname@example.org is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment.
Perris Auto Speedway Schedule
November 8th Oval Nationals Practice
November 9th Budweiser Oval Nationals "Presented by All Coast Construction"
November 10th Budweiser Oval Nationals "Presented by All Coast Construction"
November 11th Budweiser Oval Nationals “Presented by All Coast Construction"
January 13th Winter Heat – IMCA Modifieds, Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
January 14th Winter Heat – IMCA Modifieds, Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
February 10th IMCA Modifieds, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
February 11th IMCA Modifieds, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
NOTE; THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE